Monday, May 16, 2011

me...according to my words...

Back so soon…

Like one who loves to hear the sound of their voice so they keep speaking, I like to see the words I write and read them over and over again. But since I don’t seem sincere on computer any longer, I write from my pillow with a pen and paper and transfer to the computer later…
Today I will be writing on 7 quirky things about me, I wish I could summarize but you would not get the picture and so I write.

1.      I did not get saved like the regular folks, it was different and I actually had to trust Jesus with my life. I have had this habit from when I was a kid. If you don’t look in my eyes, I literally cannot speak to you. I do it with everyone but most especially the people I let close to me; my siblings used to ‘tire’ of it all the time but they understand me. Why you may ask?
2.      I have this instinct, when I am talking with you and looking in your eyes, I can see espionage, honesty, disloyalty, loyalty, honor, cut-throatiness (rat race), love, unsure attitude, openness, insecurity, hatred, anger, admiration, malice, beef, kindness, jealousy, truth, lies, dishonor, whatever your emotions at any particular time, I can see in your eyes even if your face betrays no emotion, the eyes never lie, not to me.
3.      Its crazy abi, so long as you made eye contact with me, I would continually be speaking with you but if you could not make eye contact I would discontinue my friendship/closeness with you and move you to the level of acquaintances. I’d withdraw emotionally but remain professional and relate on an intellectual level. This amazes the ones closest to me, that I could remain polite no matter who you were or what you did but not pretend to have close relations with you. 
4.      I refuse to pretend at any level. I am a terrible pretender. I give honor to whom honor is due but I take no bulls**t from anyone. If you were sincere with me and suddenly started bulls**ting me, I would turn too but still maintain a courteous mien. My mom always used to say ‘There is a reason why human beings are not animals’. It is wrong to be practicing jungle strategies and still maintaining a semblance of humanity. We must distinguish ourselves by who we are!
5.      I love the simple life. Becoming a Christ follower, I came to understand that I must own the full personality & be committed to growing everyday and bearing fruit, not necessarily souls but love, kindness, joy, peace, gentleness (I know how much I confessed that scripture in Philippians ‘Let your gentleness be known to all men’ NIV), longsuffering, goodness, faithfulness, self control, meekness, temperance. (Gal 5:22). As you cultivate these gifts, they draw men to Christ. POWER has a place but the power of God is enhanced as you manifest the fruit of the spirit in your daily walk.
6.      I am no faker. Everyone says actions speak louder than words. I have never been a talker (If you are my friend you will probably laugh in derision). Truth is ‘I can be mute’ if I don’t trust you but if I even trust you a little, I start talking non stop about anything and everything and most likely out of the blue.
7.      I talked about my instinct se. I am stronger in observation techniques, lol. When I am not talking, I am looking or hearing. I look a lot and I can tell who people are through their eyes; I can tell if they are joyful or in pain, excited or confused but more than that, I can tell If they are AFRAID.

Fear repels me. If I talk to you and I sense fear, if I can talk with you, I would but if I can’t, I would avoid you.
Fear causes the word of God to lose its impact to your spirit. If you speak the word of God without conviction, fear is the culprit. If you speak the word of God and it does not stir hope and bring peace to its hearers, it is because you don’t quite believe what you are saying.
Fear is an alien to the believer in the resurrected Christ, it is a gift from the enemy and has no place in you, it should not find a home in your heart, refuse to accommodate it.

2 Tim 1:7 God has not given me a spirit of fear but of LOVE, POWER and a sound mind.

When I speak God’s word to myself, it does something on my inside that I can’t explain or understand, it is like spiritual power is pumping into my spirit.

Finally, I see fear or courage in the eyes or in the inflection of your voice. There is nothing like the word of God spoken with confidence and trust. Over the years, I have come to understand that I can trust what God says, he is more real than a human being sitting next to me.

This is why I pray, talk, sing, laugh and play with confidence. I am conscious of the loving God living in me and directing my path. This is why I impart those around me with what I believe. I ask myself this question all the time, it helps me know me. What do you believe?   
    

4 comments:

  1. You inspire me... God bless you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Oye
    Thanks so much, i am so glad to hear that...
    It inspires me too, to tell you the truth. I come here and read when i have forgotten what the word says because of the cares of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool. People who boldly and unapologetically serve the Lord are kind of not so common these days. :) I'll check out 'Redeeming Love'

    ReplyDelete
  4. k
    I believe that there are 700 or 7000 still standing amongst millions but that is why we shine in darkness!

    ReplyDelete

Say whats on your mind. Still loving cos i don't see myself ever becoming a hater or confirming to the voice of the crowd either.
What can i say? Tell me what you think!